Less than a month ago, I came back from my short trip to London City. I took advantage of those 3 days to do the most and here is my guide to spending the best 3 days ever!
DAY ONE :
- Visit Baker Street and the Sherlock Holmes museum. If you don’t want to pay to see the famous character’s home, you can still go there and take pictures in front of the 221B black door before opening hours and see the Sherlock Holmes statue outside of the Baker Street underground station.
- Go to Camden Market by crossing the magnificent Regent’s Park. Once at Camden Town, you can visit all of the unique stores, vintage clothing, and tattoo parlors. You can find so many gems. I had some self-control and only bought a vintage leather jacket until I walked past an old cameras stall. That’s when I indulged into my first film camera ever.
Walking around will make you hungry sooner than expected: this is when I recommend you make a stop at the food stalls. I personally recommend Club Mexicana, a stall that makes Vegan Mexican food. I personally found it delicious.
- Go out for an evening drink at O’Neill’s in Soho.
- Try all the food at Borough Market. For my fellow vegetarians & vegans, you’ll find a lot of suitable options.
- Visit the Tate modern. I say the best time to go is in the late afternoon so that after your visit, you can go on floor 10 and admire the sunset from the panoramic balcony
- Walk around Picadilly Circus & Chinatown by night. Once you’re there, I really recommend you try the unique Bubblewrap Waffle.
- Visit the British Museum. My personal favorite section was the one about Japan.
- Try Fish & Chips. If you’re vegan or vegetarian, you can try the Tofish & Chips alternative like I did (spoiler alert : it was delicious)
Visit Westminster Abbey and once you’re out, take a ride on the London Eye. Even if you don’t hop on though, just seeing the big wheel lighting up at night is great sightseeing.
FIND ME ANYWHERE
liked this post ? pin it on pinterest :